SQlloader requires TRAILING NULLs although enough data is present

From: Jan Doggen <massoft_at_tref.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:50:46 +0200

Hello all,

We load an ASCII file with exactly the right number of fields into a table like this:

LOAD DATA INFILE 'c:\temp\Xtbi27_taak.TXT' APPEND INTO TABLE CASOBI_tbi27_taak
FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'09'
(basisgegeven,werkgever,stamnummer,aanstelling,taak,soort_onderwijs,instelli ng,declaratiecode,kostenplaats)

The last few fields are empty (null), so each record ends in the required number of Tab separators.

However, SQL loader refuses to load this!

If we ad TRAILING NULLCOLS, the data loads just fine, in the right fields.

How come?
If we supply enough data fields, although NULL values, this shoudl work without TRAILING NULLs, shouldnt it? Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:50:46 CDT