"JMS Exception: JMS-109: Class not found" despite correct CLASSPATH?

From: Adrian <ah_at_mailandnews.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 13:18:41 -0700

Hello,

Does anybody have experience on using Java Message Queue implementation of Oracle? (Advanced Queuing)?

I am trying to access a Java Message Queue based on Oracle 8.1.7 and am running out of ideas on how to get rid of "JMS Exception: JMS-109: Class not found".

My java application oramsq.java can be compiled and run without problem on the targetserver where Oracle DB is installed, but when I try to run it on an other workstation where I installed aqapi.jar, jmscommon.jar, etc. it compile but throw an exception at runtime. (Details below).

I am running out of ideas how to debug this :-(

Does anybody have an idea ? What else could be wrong?

Thank you in advance!!

br,
Adriano

Details:
- the database is configured in TNSNAMES.ORA on both workstations (sun solaris).
- I am able to do connect to the MYDB on the targetserver via sqlplus from my workstation.
- the classpath on my workstation seems OK. (see below, I can find all classes with javap)
- I can fully compile the application on my machine, but get following exception at runtime.
- Username/passwords should be OK since read from a file.

      QueueConnectionFactory qc_fact =
        AQjmsFactory.getQueueConnectionFactory(
        dbHost, dbSid, dbPort,dbDriverType);
         //---> seems to work OK.

  Step 2. try to crete the connection

      QueueConnection qc_conn =
        qc_fact.createQueueConnection( admUid,admPsw);
        // ---> causes the nasty JMS Exception

27 myworkstation oramsq > javac oramsq.java 28 myworkstation oramsq > java oramsq -create TESTQUEUE

[INF] create queue TESTQUEUE
[INF] Step 1: get queue connection factory Host:'xxxx' Sid:'MYDB'
Port:'1521' Driver:'thin'
**DEBUG** Println of the queue factory:
oracle.jms.AQjmsQueueConnectionFactory_at_8391d5e5
[INF] Step 2: create queue connection Uid: 'MYUSER' Psw: 'MYPASSWORD'
**DEBUG** Try QueueConnection qc_conn = qc_fact.createQueueConnection

[EXC-jmsexept] JMS Exception: JMS-109: Class not found: .
[EXC-jmsexept] vendor specific error code = 109
[EXC-jmsexept] LocalisedMessage: JMS-109: Class not found: .
[EXC-jmsexept] LinkedException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.
[EXC-jmsexept] STACK TRACE:

oracle.jms.AQjmsException: JMS-109: Class not found:

        at oracle.jms.AQjmsError.throwEx(AQjmsError.java, Compiled Code)

        at oracle.jms.AQjmsConnection.<init>(AQjmsConnection.java,Compiled Code)

        at oracle.jms.AQjmsQueueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection (AQjmsQueueConnectionFactory.java,Compiled Code)

        at oramsq.createMsgQueue(oramsq.java, Compiled Code)
        at oramsq.main(oramsq.java, Compiled Code)

[INF] oramsq terminated with errors Sep 18, 2001 8:32:58 PM
29 myworkstation oramsq > Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:18:41 CDT