Re: Universal Installer with win2000

From: Ken C. <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:17:38 GMT

Check out note 131299.1 on metalink. You're probably running a Pentium 4 right?
2 possible fixes they tell you about:
1) download and install patch 1507768 from metalink. you'll have to expand the .jar file so you'll have to load jre so you have a jar.exe to expand it out. It has an updated installer. read the 'readme' file. OR
2) copy the install cd to your harddrive and rename each copy of symcjit.dll to something like symcjit.old then run the installer

btw: java.exe will still crash and burn on you. even after I applied the patch it didn't help with the java.exe problem but Oracle did load and work, just can't use java.exe (used by http). I haven't found a solution to that one yet but I don't need to http stuff so it wasn't a show stopper for me.
Hope this helped.

--
Ken C.
MCNE MCSE CCNA OCP