Re: Database mismatch

From: Basil Jackson <BJackson_at_BOSGmbH.Com>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 02:51:11 -0700

Randy, the NT service for the shutdown databases is set to Manual and they are not started. Theoretically, they are down.

If I look at InitB.Ora, I see that the database name is "B" and I see the path for the control files, etc. It's the database B.

If I look at InitD.Ora, I see that the database name is "D" and I see the path for the control files, etc. It's the database D.

Using SvrMgrL I logon using: CONNECT internal/password_at_D If I then look at v$parameter the database name is "B". Looking at the control files, etc. I see the settings for database "B".

And then I scream.

I suspect that one of the configurations is out of whack though I have no idea how it could have happened. You may be right and it could be TNSNAMES.ORA. Is there a particular sequence that has to be maintained between two configuration files?

What is it that actually ties the components like Instance, Listener, Database together?

Thanks.