Re: Database mismatch

From: Randy <harrisr_at_bignet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:53:22 -0400

The linkage is like this. The Listener is independent, has its own configuration files and can service multiple instances. The database itself is comprised of the datafiles, they are identified for the instance in the control files (hopefully you have at least one mirror). The control files are identified in the Init file which is read when the instance in initialized.

I can only guess, but it sounds as though your control files might be messed up, though I would have thought that the instance would never have started if the control files were wrong. If this should turn out to be the case, I believe there is a method to manually rebuild a control file.

Are you certain that the OracleServiceB is stopped? It is possible for the instance to be up with OracleStartB stopped and OracleServiceB running.

Recommend you logon and type:

set ora

to see what Oracle variables might be in your environment. Then:

set ORACLE_SID=B

Do this before starting svrmgr.... Wait a minute!

You are using svrmgrl? I thought that was a Unix utility. What kind of NT system is this? What version of Oracle are you using?

Puzzled