Re: Triggers and catproc.sql

From: ABAK Systèmes <info_at_abaksystemes.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:02:29 GMT

Sybrand Bakker a écrit :

> "ABAK Systèmes" <info_at_abaksystemes.fr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Oracle documentation (Developer's guide - Fundamentals) claims that
> > a prerequisite to use triggers is to run the catproc.sql script.
> >
> > I had no problem with it in Oracle 8.1.5.
> >
> > Since I use Oracle 8.1.7, when I run this script, I get some errors
> > ORA-04098 "Invalid trigger SYS.JIS$ROLE_TRIGGERS$, and after that, I get
> > the same error each time I attempt to drop something from the database
> > (drop a user, drop a table, .).
> >
> > So, I tried using triggers without running this script. And it seems to
> > work !
> >
> > So : Is catproc.sql required in 8.1.7 ? And how to get rid of these
> > errors ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Roger.
> >
> > --
> > leriche_at_abaksystemes.fr
> > ABAK Systèmes, ZI Le Rachat - BP 5 - 35890 LAILLE
> > Tel: +33(0) 299.42.30.10, Fax: +33(0) 299.42.31.57
>
> YES catproc is required to run pl/sql, so it is required in ANY Oracle
> release!
>
> To get rid of these errors: just isssue a select * from user_errors or
> all_errors, or dba_errors where name = '<name of affected object>'
>
> or just compile the trigger
> alter trigger sys.jis$role_trigger$ compile
>
> You're not implying you created all your own objects in the SYS schema,
> aren't you? SYS normally doesn't have any triggers.
> If so: get them out of sys immediately.
>
> Creating triggers in an incorrect schema can also be one of the reasons why
> they are invalid.
> (Reasons outlined in docs)
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hi,

Of course I do not create my own objects in the SYS schema.

I just run the catproc.sql script connected as sys, as suggested in the documentation.

In fact, I created a new database with all default options (copying files from the CD) with the configuration assistant, then I connect as sys and run the catproc.sql script.
During the script execution I get ORA-04098 errors. I can effectively get rid of these errors by issuing an ALTER TRIGGER statement.
But I am just surprised that the script can't be run without error.

Thanks,

Roger.