Re: Triggers and catproc.sql

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:26:17 +0200

"ABAK Systèmes" <info_at_abaksystemes.fr> wrote in message news:3B89FEBF.CB1A8F1E_at_abaksystemes.fr...
> Hi,
>
> The Oracle documentation (Developer's guide - Fundamentals) claims that
> a prerequisite to use triggers is to run the catproc.sql script.
>
> I had no problem with it in Oracle 8.1.5.
>
> Since I use Oracle 8.1.7, when I run this script, I get some errors
> ORA-04098 "Invalid trigger SYS.JIS$ROLE_TRIGGERS$, and after that, I get
> the same error each time I attempt to drop something from the database
> (drop a user, drop a table, .).
>
> So, I tried using triggers without running this script. And it seems to
> work !
>
> So : Is catproc.sql required in 8.1.7 ? And how to get rid of these
> errors ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger.
>
> --
> leriche_at_abaksystemes.fr
> ABAK Systèmes, ZI Le Rachat - BP 5 - 35890 LAILLE
> Tel: +33(0) 299.42.30.10, Fax: +33(0) 299.42.31.57

YES catproc is required to run pl/sql, so it is required in ANY Oracle release!

To get rid of these errors: just isssue a select * from user_errors or all_errors, or dba_errors where name = '<name of affected object>'

or just compile the trigger
alter trigger sys.jis$role_trigger$ compile

You're not implying you created all your own objects in the SYS schema, aren't you? SYS normally doesn't have any triggers. If so: get them out of sys immediately.

Creating triggers in an incorrect schema can also be one of the reasons why they are invalid.
(Reasons outlined in docs)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 04:26:17 CDT