Help - Oracle 'long' into SQL server?

From: Andra Bloomfield <adb_at_aber.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:40:45 +0100

Hi

Wonder if someone can help? Relative newbie to all this database stuff and have managed to end up with the task of helping to set up a VLE[1] using Blackboard (running SQL server) based upon information stored in an Oracle database.

One of the tasks I'm trying to do is copy a table from Oracle into SQL server (using an ODBC connection). The table in question contains a number of columns one of which is of type 'long'. The SQL server seems happy to import everything apart from this, when I try I get the following error message;

Data for source column 11 ('DOCUMENT_TEXT') is not available. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

SQLS seems to want to import the 'long' data as type 'text', is this the right type? If it isn't what should I be setting it to? If it is, any one know why it's not working?

Andra

[1] Virtual Learning Environment.

Andra Bloomfield
andra_at_thebloomfields.freeserve.co.uk