Re: Help - Oracle 'long' into SQL server?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:55:51 +0100

I believe that the Microsoft ODBC drivers do not support long columns whereas the Oracle ones do.

The long datatype is basically a raw stream of binary data. You might find text is an ok datatype or you might find that you need some other datatype (memo perhaps) to store this data in sqlserver. It all depends on what is actually in the column.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA