problem selecting BLOB using weblogic oracle driver

From: Garrett Thompson <GarrettT_at_amdocs.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 03:59:25 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Weblogic 5.1 on NT4 SP6. I'm trying to retrieve a serialized Java object from an Oracle database, where it's stored as a BLOB. The database is Oracle 8.0.5. When using a 8.0.6 client installation, I have no problem retrieving the data. However, using a 8.1.7 I client, I get the Oracle error "ORA-3115: unsupported network datatype or representation" when calling the PreparedStatement.executeQuery() method. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

TIA Garrett. Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 05:59:25 CDT