Re: Out of cursors / Error on recursion lvl1 in Sql*Plus...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:36:35 +0200

"Andreas Koch" <mail_at_kochandreas.com> wrote in message news:3B7D4F1D.357AE208_at_kochandreas.com...
> Hi,
>
> sometimes we get Out of cursors / Error on recursion lvl 1 errors
> on a freshly installed local oracle (with default parameters), on
> absolutely simple (select * from customer) SQL scripts executed
> by Sql*Plus.
>
> Only way to solve it seems to be uninstalling (including removing
> the registy entires manually, as usual...) and re-installing
> oracle.
>
> Any ideas what causes this, and easier ways how it can be
> solved?
>

> --
> Andreas
> Mach's mit /-\
> |o|
> \-/ gib KIDS keine Chance! ;-)

Increase the init.ora parameter open_cursors (and bounce the database) The default is 50 which is clearly ridiculous If you are using default parameters there is *much more* you need to change. The defaults remained unaltered since 1989 Also never use Oracle without reading any manual. Reinstalling to resolve such an easy problem, what should I say?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 13:36:35 CDT