Re: What to look for when a scheduled Job doesn't run?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:38:37 +0100

I did indeed mean that.

Things to look for

  1. Can you manually run the job (I assume you can).
  2. Enclose the what parameter in begin and end; eg what => 'begin myproc(param1); end;'
  3. check job_queue_interval init.ora parameter is not set to zero.
  4. have a look in dba_jobs and check that the job is executing as the correct userid.
  5. look for trace files in your udump directory with SNP in the file name. These may contain further clues.
  6. I had jobs which required the use of database links. This requires things like distributed_transactions to be set adequately.

If this doesn't give you any joy then perhaps a more detailed description of what you were trying to run would help?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Legal disclaimer required by my employer
**
This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.
**
"Lee Staples" <lee_at_cybicom.co.za> wrote in message

> > Have you bounced the database?
> >

> I presume by "bounced" you mean shut it down and bring it up again.
Answer