SQL Net Problem

From: Andy Oakey <andrew.oakey_at_lineone.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2001 09:42:08 -0700

I'm attempting to connect to a remote Oracle database across the internet from my machine. I have been sent the SQL Net connection string plus username and password. I have installed the Oracle &, SQL Net drivers, but the installation kit seems to be incomplete.

The driver installs fine, but the instructions given refer to files, tools and whole paths that don't exist. It says I need to run the Easy Config Tool (not present) to create an entry in C:\orant\network\admin (a path which doesn't exist beyond C:\orant) and to test the connection using an application which is located in C:\orant\BIN (the application file isn't present).

Does anybody know where I can get a full install of SQL Net (The Oracle site is extremely unhelpful on the subject) or of another way of connecting to the remote database.

Thanks

Andy Oakey
Symbient Ltd
andy.oakey_at_symbient.co.uk Received on Thu Aug 02 2001 - 11:42:08 CDT