Installing Personal Edition 8.1.6 on a laptop

From: downtown <tombrown_at_asus.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:40:27 -0400

I just bought a Sony Vaio PCG-FX220K laptop to work with. It has a 750 PentiumIII, 256 MB Ram, 15GB HD running Win2000 SP1. I tried three times to install Oracle Personal Edition 8.1.6 for Win 2000 and having the same problem. The Management Server service will not start because of an error "Could not start the Oracle OraHome81Management Server serviceon Local Computer. Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress." All other Oracle services will start normally. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Tom Brown Received on Sun Jul 29 2001 - 09:40:27 CDT