Re: undocumented pl/sql syntax

From: Raffaele D'Alba <raffaele.d'alba_at_snamprogetti.eni.it>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:20:42 +0200

Thank you Andrew,

but I can't find in the oracle documentation, the syntax of these two commands and of others; I'm consulting the "PL/SQL User Guide and Reference", the "Oracle 7 Server Application Developer's Guide" and the O7 SQL Reference.
The only example I found is "Type xx is Record..." or "Type xy is Table..." but in the package sys.standard ypu can read  type BOOLEAN is (FALSE, TRUE);
or
  subtype POSITIVE is BINARY_INTEGER range 1..2147483647; or
  type VARCHAR2 is NEW CHAR_BASE; (what is this keyword New?)

Do you know the manuals that explain me these commands?

I've also an othe question I can't give an answer, I need to compare in the package I said some variables with hex operations (like InData & 0x000000ff), can you give me any hints?

"Andrew Hardy" <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com> wrote in message news:9jjm5g$eu4$1_at_sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk...
> Both TYPE and SUBTYPE are well-documented - TYPE is a PL/SQL user-defined
> type used for creating composite types e.g. Record or Table, whilst
 SUBTYPE