Error when connecting database

From: Silvia <ludiana_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:13:49 GMT

Hi all,

I'm a complete stranger both to Oracle database usage and to this NG, please, be patient...

My problem is: I need to work from home with my office PC (we have a network at office, and the PC has Win NT OS), but Oracle 8 db, which at office has always connected and started, returns an "end-of-file on communication channel" error and asks for a password I know nothing of.

Can anybody help me? Is there any way to solve this? Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 12:13:49 CDT