help: ORA-01034 Oracle not available

From: Darren Anderson <darren.anderson_at_uk.bosch.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:00:42 +0100

Oracle 8.0.5 on NT on Intel;

We've been running this server for over a year in which time we've restarted the server on many occassions without any problems. However, after restarting it today, I'm getting "ORA-01034 Oracle not available" when trying to connect to either of my DBs.

The LISTENER.ORA has not bee changed and looks fine, the listener service is running as are the DB services.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this problem, especially given the fact that nothing has changed on the server?

Darren. Received on Thu Jul 12 2001 - 09:00:42 CDT