Re: ORA 07217 and sltln

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:12:12 +0200

"Rainer Collet" <rain_c1_at_web.de> wrote in message news:9i46m9$24d$1_at_nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a problem connecting to my Oracle8.1.7. I am using sqlplus, but
> when I try to login with another username than "internal", I always get:
> ORA-07217: sltln: enviroment variable connot be evaluated.
>
> What does this mean? Is sltln an enviroment variable? I could not find
> anything about this in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

You will get this error when you unset ORACLE_SID, or any other environment variable Oracle expects to be there.
Regrettably the message doesn't list *which* environment variable is missing.
It is a bit strange connect internal works for you. If you really didn''t set ORACLE_SID you should have received this message for any connect. Try to verify your environment variables, the installation manual has an overview of them.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jul 06 2001 - 13:12:12 CDT