SQL Plus 3.3 vs. SQL Plus 8.0

From: vg <vgalan_at_personal.ro>
Date: 5 Jul 2001 01:42:47 -0700

Hello there!

I have an enormous curiosity about what's soooo different about login procedure for SQL Plus 3.3 and SQL Plus 8.0. Maybe you could enlighten me...

For 3.3 I enter the username and password and then the database alias (created from the SQL *Net Easy Configurator application). It works perfectly.

For 8.0 I enter the SAME information and I always get 'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name' message error.

I do not change any settings between the 2 connections and the DB is the same.

What in the world am i doing wrong???

Please help...

Thank you for your time.

VG Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 03:42:47 CDT