Re: books for beginners

From: Eric from Speco <eric_at_speco.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:17:41 -0500

I'm currently plowing through "The SQL Guide to Oracle" Addison-Wesley (ISBN 0-201-56545-5)

I'm just learning ANSI SQL and Oracle and find the book pretty good for beginners. Lots of samples etc.
It does get a bit into depth about db theory in some places but when I get in over my head I've found I can ignore
those sections and still be able to continue farther along in the book.

I have been hacking spaghetti in MSAccess for awhile though. I don't know your particular skill level so
my suggestion is go to a brick and mortar store and flip some pages. That's how I found this beauty!