Re: books for beginners

From: Wayne McDermott <elhombre_at_bigpond.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2001 22:51:30 GMT

Hi Vicky,
I don't know of any absolute beginner books but I can I suggest you play around with Microsoft Access and the query builder? It allows you to build the queries graphically then view the code and is a great and gentle introduction to SQL. Before you know it you'll be constructing complex crosstab structures, and once you paste the resulting code into a procedure every one thinks you're clever !

Hope this helps

Kind regards
Wayne McDermott