Problem in Oracle 8.1.7 ExtProc

From: Saravanan S <s.saravanan_at_blr.spcnl.co.in>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:16:57 +0530

Hello,

        As many of us have already know that, OraceExtprocAgent which is a service in Oracle 8.0.5 is absent in 8.1.7. So to create this service I have made some modifications in Tnsnames.ora and some additional entries in Listener.ora, and made this service active using an Oracle utility LSNRCTL. Now the extproc agent is working fine. But I am facing a new problem. The problem is that, the service which was created manually, spawns the process(extproc.exe) which is session specific; i.e., whenever I connect a new session with the database and execute some DML statements a new extproc.exe is spawned for the first DML statement in that session and this process will exist in the memory till the session ends. This process consumes approximately 4.85MB of virtual memory. If I have five concurrent sessions then the VM consumption is 5*4.85= 24 MB(approx). I feel that this will lead to Performance degradation in my project. So I need to know how to let this service spawn a single process and route all the new sessison requests through this process.

I need the solution/suggestions as soon as possible to proceed with my project.

Thanks in advance,
Saravanan. Received on Wed Jul 04 2001 - 02:46:57 CDT