Re: Oracle 8.1.7 HTTP Service

From: bhogak <bhogak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:20:00 -0500

I just installed 8.1.7 and started the HTTP Service and it seems to come ready with JSP and Servlets. There are sample applications that use JSP. So I assume that JSP and Servlets are by default enabled. I haven't played much with Java beans.
Reg. using Tomcat or not, I haven't tried that. Looks like Oracle HTTP Service has all the modules I want.
bhogak.

"Tim Romano" <tim_romano at oohay.com (reverse it)> wrote in message news:3b3fb3b6_2_at_news.dca.net...
> Could someone suggest either an up-to-the-minute white paper or a good
 book
> which explains what the Oracle HTTP Service is under 8.1.7, what it does,
> how to set it up, and how to use it? Does the HTTP service come ready to
 do
> JSP, Servelets, and JavaBeans? It looks as though it is an integrated
> Apache/JServ installation. Would it simpler to use a separate
 Apache/Tomcat