Oracle 8.1.7 HTTP Service

From: Tim Romano <"Tim>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:29:51 -0400

Could someone suggest either an up-to-the-minute white paper or a good book which explains what the Oracle HTTP Service is under 8.1.7, what it does, how to set it up, and how to use it? Does the HTTP service come ready to do JSP, Servelets, and JavaBeans? It looks as though it is an integrated Apache/JServ installation. Would it simpler to use a separate Apache/Tomcat combination and forget about the Oracle HTTP service? I'm a VB/OO4O/ASP programmer learning Java. My goal at this point is simplicity, not scalability and performance.
Thanks in advance.
Tim Romano
www.aimsdata.com/tim Received on Sun Jul 01 2001 - 18:29:51 CDT