Re: SQL-Navigator (QUEST): any comments/comparisons?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:50:36 -0700

Christof Kaiser wrote:

> We are looking to buy a developing tool for PL/SQL.
>
> Til now, I only had a look at SQL Navgator from Quest.
> I know, there are many other tools out there.
>
> Does anybody has a recommondation which one is most useful and best
> value?
>
> Btw, a single user license for SQL Navigator should cost 770 Euro (about
> 660 US$, I reckon).
>
> Regards
> Christof

I've use both SQL Navigator and TOAD (also by Quest) and definitely prefer SQL Navigator. If money is an issue, I think you have underestimated the cost, consider one of the shareware products such as that recommended by TurkBear.

For much of what I do I find all of these GUI tools a bloody pain and prefer to write my code in vi or notepad and debug it in SQL*Plus: SHOW ERROR works just fine.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 15:50:36 CDT