Newbie needs rescue please!

From: Vince Laurent <vlaurent_at_networkusa.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:37:27 -0500

I learned after the fact NOT to use the default Oracle install. But that is history...Now I have a SYSTEM tablespace with MANY tables that need to be pulled out and put into thier own datafile. The tables are all named TLINKDBA.<something>. What I would like to do is:

(a) create a new 1G datafile
(b) export the tables from the SYSTEM tablespace
(c) import them into the new datafile/tablespace
(d) remove them from the SYSTEM table.

Does anyone have any idea what the exact steps might be? Or can you point me in the direction of the repair?

Thanks! Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 10:37:27 CDT