Re: Newbie needs rescue please!

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 09:33:41 -0700

In article <nuahjtcjqtmu1juqh2g25rv20d48m1rnu6_at_4ax.com>, Vince says...

>I learned after the fact NOT to use the default Oracle install. But
>that is history...Now I have a SYSTEM tablespace with MANY tables that
>need to be pulled out and put into thier own datafile. The tables
>are all named TLINKDBA.<something>. What I would like to do is:
>
>(a) create a new 1G datafile
>(b) export the tables from the SYSTEM tablespace
>(c) import them into the new datafile/tablespace
>(d) remove them from the SYSTEM table.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the exact steps might be? Or can you
>point me in the direction of the repair?
>
>Thanks!

see
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:47812348053

use ALTER TABLE t MOVE and ALTER INDEX i REBUILD instead.

Don't know what using the "default oracle install" has to do with this though -- this is a side effect of creating a user and not changing their default tablespace. This happens on "custom" databases as well...