Crystal Report - Using a function of a package in the SQL Select statement

From: Michel Marchand <marex_at_videotron.ca>
Date: 23 Jun 2001 16:35:23 -0700

I'm trying to include a field in the select statement of a Crytal report 8.5 to call a function in a package that will return a VARCHAR2. Select pa_utils.format_telephone(client.tel1) from client

tel1 is a number field in the table and the function will simply format it as a string like (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

I'm using the native oracle driver and server 8.0.5 with client software 8.1.7.

I tried adding an SQL parameter in Crystal Report but I get an error from oracle. I also tried to edit the SQL statement directly but it does not save what I enter.

Anyone has a solution to that problem?

Thanks Received on Sat Jun 23 2001 - 18:35:23 CDT