Re: Crystal Report - Using a function of a package in the SQL Select statement

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 08:56:43 +0200

"Michel Marchand" <marex_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message news:fee47783.0106231535.6a3cff6_at_posting.google.com...
> I'm trying to include a field in the select statement of a Crytal
> report 8.5 to call a function in a package that will return a
> VARCHAR2.
>
> Select pa_utils.format_telephone(client.tel1)
> from client
>

> tel1 is a number field in the table and the function will simply
> format it as a string like (xxx) xxx-xxxx.
>
> I'm using the native oracle driver and server 8.0.5 with client
> software 8.1.7.
>
> I tried adding an SQL parameter in Crystal Report but I get an error
> from oracle. I also tried to edit the SQL statement directly but it
> does not save what I enter.
>
> Anyone has a solution to that problem?
>
> Thanks

Usually running a higher version client against a lower (desupported) version server is just asking for trouble. Please post *specific* error messages *only*. 'An error' doesn't provide *any* clue, and crystall balls here are scarce.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Jun 24 2001 - 01:56:43 CDT