SQL Query: Order by Question.

From: Atul Pinge <apinge_at_carl.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:26:47 GMT

Hello everybody,

I need to read the records using an sql query and read them in reverse order on an index (The index is not a descending index). I can use order by clause to do it. But are the records sorted after they are read from the database on the index? Then it'll be really expensive for big tables, right? Or is Oracle query optimizer intelligent enough to read the data in reverse order on an index? Does anybody know? Thanks in advance...

Atul Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 16:26:47 CDT