DATE field formatting in SQL

From: Martin Schneider <martin_at_tntsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:53:02 -0700

Hi,
I'm working with 8.1.7.0.0 on W2k, my table has a DATE field, and when I

select MYDATE, SERVERNAME, MESSAGE from EVENTS

in SQL Plus, I see rows of data. So far so good, yet the date is displayed as 19-Jun-01.
Now I would like to see the time stamp along with the date, but am having trouble.
I've looked at the SQL functions, searched technet.oracle.com, and tried

select to_char(DATE), SERVERNAME, MESSAGE from EVENTS

but without success. Thank you for any suggestions. Martin Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:53:02 CDT