Re: free version of oracle for home use ?

From: Joachim Pense <joachim.pense_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 13:47:20 +0200

JM wrote:

> Is it possible to obtain a free version of Oracle 8i or 9i for
> home use ? I will become a dba for oracle databases

> My goal is to install it on Linux.

For private use, you can download them from http://technet.oracle.com after a free registration. I downloaded and installed 8.1.7 for Linux and it works fine on my PC. You better have a fast connection though, becouse it's hundreds of megabytes to download.

Joachim Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 06:47:20 CDT