Re: Sample database install fails with ORA-03114:not connected to ORACLE

From: Jim Lyons <jlyons_at_weblyons.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2001 20:09:32 -0700

"steve" <steve_at_javarch.com> wrote in message news:<GtIV6.179923$oc7.14010308_at_news2.rdc2.tx.home.com>...
> I'm installing Oracle on a RedHat Linux 6.2 system. Everything appears to
> work until the installer tries creating the sample database, then I get
> "ORA-03114: Not connected to ORACLE"
>
> Any suggestions for debugging the installation?

What version of glibc do you have? If it's 2.2 you need to either backdown to 2.1 or get a patch from Oracle. It's a known problem. I had it the exact same problem with SuSE 7.1. Of course, just because I had the same problem doesn't mean the solution is the same, but check it out anyway.

Jim Lyons Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 22:09:32 CDT