Re: MS Access usefulness and size restrictions

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 05:55:26 -0700

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_home.com> wrote in message <news:B746F9C8.D92C%markbtownsend_at_home.com>...

> in article _UgU6.3886$Dh.559472_at_paloalto-snr1.gtei.net, Larry Linson at
> larry.linson_at_ntpcug.org wrote on 6/8/01 8:40 PM:
>
> > There are presentations I did for my user group about Access in a multiuser
> > environment and Access as an ODBC Client in PowerPoint form at
> > http://members.tripod.com/appdevissues/downloads.htm. T
>

> Great - Information about a Microsoft product that's only useful to
> Microsoft developers, prepared for a Microsoft User Group in a format that
> can only be opened by a Microsoft product on a Microsoft platform, yet

So whine at "dave" for posting about a MSFT product that can only be used on MSFT Windows or, if he's feeling lucky, Wine. Yet you're posting using a Microsoft product (Outlook Express) on a Microsoft platform (Macintosh, after Apple sold Billzebub its soul for 100 million). There are PowerPoint viewers available for the Mac:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q122/9/35.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ARTICLES/Q183/2/61.asp

I suppose those PowerPoint files can be exported to sets of GIFs, if we don't mind dissing the green-screen-only crowd...

> strangely (albeit badly) cross posted to Oracle newsgroups.
>
> Please, please, please trim the follow-ups.

Why, so the various Oracle bigots like "Default" and "wayne" won't get shot down in front of their buddies? Mighty white of you.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net>    Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to