Java Funtions in Oracle 8i

From: Victor Grazi <vgrazi_at_bnyesi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 01:39:00 GMT

Can someone show me the syntax for how to code a Java function in Oracle 8i. Specifically, how does the Java defined function get the value of the current field for processing.

I see documentation about creating a stored procedure in Java, but I have not been able to find how to create a Java function that works on the field level.

As a simple example, if I have a 1 column int table named MyInts that looks like this:
1
2
3
4
5

and I want to write a java function called double() such that if I run select double(*) from MyInts
the result would be
2
4
6
8
10

Much thanks in advance
Victor Grazi Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 20:39:00 CDT