Re: Determining a PK for a view

From: Frank <franjoe_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:23:20 +0200

Hi

> I was under the impression that insertions/deletions were unlikely to
> affect the rowid of another entry under normal circumstances. When will
> they
> change? Change due to an explicit DBA reorganization can be tolerated.

I mention the DELETE/INSERT cycle as a example; if you DELETE a row, the perform some stuff, and INSERT it again (God knows why :-) I wouldn't speculate in whether Oracle places the row in the same place as it were (the database wouldn't "know" that is was the same row). I will agree that this very explanation is probably not a big killer for you though unless you do those kind of operations :-)

Frank Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:23:20 CDT