Re: cannot see table definition using client software

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 22:17:34 -0700

NYT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any idea on this.
>
> I have created a table (abc) using sqlplus in unix using the system manager
> a/c? I have checked that the table is created and I have loaded in some
> data. All these work fine
>
> The problem is when I installed a client software that uses the ODBC (oracle
> driver). I cannot see that table (abc). I could see the rest of the system
> default table installed in oracle. Please advise me.
>
> Thanks
> YT

Let me guess. This is your first experience with Oracle and you come from a SQL Server background. Am I right?

NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER build a table in server manager. EVER!

Now go back into server manager and drop the table then get out of server manager and don't go back there again until you've read the documentation.

Go into SQL*Plus as SYS or SYSTEM. Create a user account. Then log on as that new user. Then, AND ONLY THEN, create your table and populate it with data.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 00:17:34 CDT