Re: ORACLE_HOME is not set in your environment (Mandrake-80)

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:02:31 +0200

> If you include this line in your .profile and also include
> export ORACLE_SID=<your sid>
> you don't have to do this.
> Of course this is documented in the getting started manual. Please try to
> read it.

Hm. I read this small book. But perhaps I have overread it. Sure I am new to linux but I am not new to oracle. But linux give me some new problems. e.g. where to find such a profile file.
Under Win2000 I have not such problem (but linux is a new environment for me). The pity is, that I do not remember the commands to start the dabase manually.

Regards

Nicolas Received on Sun May 20 2001 - 16:02:31 CDT