Re: ORACLE_HOME is not set in your environment (Mandrake-80)

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:30:29 +0200

> Hm. I read this small book. But perhaps I have overread it. Sure I am new to
> linux but I am not new to oracle. But linux give me some new problems. e.g.
> where to find such a profile file.
> Under Win2000 I have not such problem (but linux is a new environment for
> me). The pity is, that I do not remember the commands to start the dabase
> manually.

Was the last sentence meant as a question? If so, you can either use the script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart (it requires,
that your database is listed in /etc/oratab and marked with Y), or you can do it manually with

prompt> svrmgrl
SVRMGR> connect internal
SVRMGR> startup

If you are using the listener you have to start it with:

prompt> lsnrctl start [listener_name]

Regards,

Knut

--
Knut Talman                                     Fon +40 30 72 62 01 411
dba_at_myToys.de                                   Fax +49 30 72 62 01 222