Re: Where is my SQL PLUS?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:14:14 +0200

"T Laba" <slaba_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:AyQN6.8145$oi1.624782_at_bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I downloaded and installed the NT version of 8i but I do not see SQL*PLUS
> on the Start>Programs>Oraclehome>Application Development> SQLPLUS
>
> There is nothing after Application Development. Do I have to start the
> database
> or something? I installed the personal Edition with minimum.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

No, check whether you installed a sqlplus. Chances are you didn't. Search in your Oracle_home\bin directory
(by default c:\oracle\ora81\bin) whether you have sqlplus.exe and sqlplusw.exe. If you don't you still need to install it. Starting the database will not 'enable' sqlplus.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun May 20 2001 - 10:14:14 CDT