Re: Recover using RMAN with NOCATALOG option

From: Edward Rusu <erusu_at_softcomputer.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:12:19 -0400

Ok, I found way.
If any is interested then here goes explanation:

  1. svrmgr> startup nomount
  2. rman> run { allocate channel d1 type disk; replicate controlfile from '/RMANBKP/control_full.bkpcf''; release channel d1; }
  3. rman> alter database open
  4. rman> run { allocate channel d1 type disk; restore database; recover database; release channel d1; } It gives you message RMAN-06054: media recovery requesting unknown log: thread 1scn 53226
  5. svrmgr> recover database using backup controlfile auto :))))
  6. svrmgr> alter database open resetlogs;