Recover using RMAN with NOCATALOG option

From: Edward Rusu <erusu_at_softcomputer.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:31:51 -0400

Hi All,
I use rman utility to make daily a full database backup using the following script,
without using recovery catalog(NOCALATOG option): run
{
  allocate channel d1 type disk;
  backup full format '/RMANBKP/%d_s%s_p%p.bkpdf' (database);   sql 'alter system archive log current';   backup format '/RMANBKP/%d_s%s_p%p.bkpal' (archivelog all delete input);   copy current controlfile to '/RMANBKP/control_full.bkpcf';   release channel d1;
}

Let's imagine that all datafiles, control files and online redolog files are lost.
All I have is rman's backupsets in /RMANBKP and archived redologs generated since last backup.
I can restrore control file from last backup and recover database to the time of last backup.
But I cannot apply archived redolog files because there is no information about them in restored contol file. I think it is possible to apply archived redologs if I could extract SCN from last archived
redolog and modify control file to have that extracted SCN. Probably I can do it
with support from Oracle, but I just wonder is there any tools or strategy to recover
database to the last archived redolog using above mentioned backup strategy?

Thanks in advance,
Edward Rusu Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 15:31:51 CDT