Re: Where do I start?

From: PenguinDBA <spaceboy_one_at_NOSPAMHOTmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:09:24 +0200

Though I am not a great fan of GUI application ;-) I think i can help you with you problem:

The SYSDBA is a kind of role, though not a oracle DB role. The user "sys" can connect as sysdba. The change_on_install is the password for sys and manager is the password for system which is a sysoper

Remember to create a user for your tables and stuff - don't use sys or system.

But I agree with Mr. Bakker: Read the manuals - they are pretty good compared to other RDBMS' out there. @ work I am "forced" to learn sybase (which M$ SQL server originates from) and the documentation doesn't come close to oracle documentation i quality.

/Lehmann