Re: grant ... as user

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:42:17 -0700

Thomas Vatter wrote:

> in informix i had made a check if a user has database access. I used
> "grant something on sometable as user"
> to see if this user has been granted access on database-tables before.
> in oracle there is no "as user" clause. Is there another easy way to check
> if a user has database-table access in oracle?

In Oracle you can pretty much find out anything you want in the data dictionary tables and views. I would strongly urge you to learn how to use it.

In this case try a SELECT from dba_tab_privs

How to use the data dictionary is one of the first things I teach my students.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 00:42:17 CDT