Re: How to select Database in Oracle??

From: Stephen Bell <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:00:59 GMT

Hi Mike,
The concept of a database is different in some other software than in Oracle...you may be referring to a schema...in Oracle you can have several schemas (designated with a username/password) in one database and most users can only, by default, see the things they create..access to different databases is done by connecting to a database through the login box that opens when you launch an app like SQL*Plus and specifying a host string...this can also be done on the command line, but it's the combination of the user/password and service name that will connect you to another database.

Steve