Re: sql query find rows included in a list: 2nd row , 8th..

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:53:49 -0500

What you are attempting to do is not supported in a true RDBMS, since the row number is a pseudo-variable and only counts the number of the row returned by the query...it has absolutely no relation to the 'rank' of the data row ( this is primarily a ' flat file database' concept) -  one way to do what you want is to assign a sequence number to each row, index it by the sequence number, and place these numbers in your ArrayList...

( for new rows, you can set up a trigger to automatically set the sequence number)