sql query find rows included in a list: 2nd row , 8th..

From: <ChristineL_at_Visionyze.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:30:06 -0000

Hi,

I want to select in a big table the rows where the rank specified in a ArrayList.
For example: ArrayList list = {1, 5, 100, 104, 10000}. (1 means the first row, 5 means the 5th rows,...).
The database can be very big and I need a rapid access.

Example: List = {1, 3}
table
a aaa <--
b bbb
c ccc <--
the result is: a aaa

                c ccc

At this moment, I read the rows 1 by 1 in a loop with an index and when the index is included in my ArrayList, I keep this row. The problem with this solution: Too slow with a big table.

Do you have a solution for me?

Thank you
Christine