Execute Immediate 'SET SERVEROUTPUT ON'; question

From: S K <s.kartal_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:15:41 GMT

Hi,

I'm really new to the Oracle Environment and I would like to know how to execute SET statements from withing PL/SQL. I feel like I've tried every kind of syntax and location before and after the BEGIN.

Currently, I thought I could execute the SET statement

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON before the begin, but I get an error. If I move the SET statement to after the BEGIN with the syntax

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SET SERVEROUTPUT ON'; I still get an error. Can someone please help me?????

Thank you.

Suzan Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 09:15:41 CDT