Re: Multiple Blocks On A Form

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:21:21 -0700

"Tom Deseamus" <elrice2_at_home.com> wrote in message news:Yq1E6.61664$J%5.20787009_at_news2.rdc2.tx.home.com...
> All my forms to date have used one data block. I want to create a form with
> two data blocks, the first for searching, and the second below for the
> results of the search. Can anyone help with this.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Deseamus

Sounds like you want the top block to be a non-database block and the user enters query filter criteria, right? Then in the bottom block in the PRE-QUERY trigger, dynamically add on the filter criteria to the block's DEFAULT_WHERE clause. Look at SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY as to how to set the DEFAULT_WHERE clause.

-Matt Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 20:21:21 CDT