Re: Multiple Blocks On A Form

From: Tom Deseamus <elrice2_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 06:05:40 GMT

Thanks Matt, I guess you answered part two of the problem; but first I can't seem to ADD the non-database block to the form canvas. Don't I need to add the block, then put the search controls in the "new/top" block. How do I add the block and see it visually on the form; something like insert block, then move it where I want. I think once I have it this code will "requery" the bottom block:

set_block_property('block_name' , default_where, my where clause); go_block('block_name');
execute_query;

Thanks,
Tom

"Matt B." <mcb_at_ds.znet.com> wrote in message news:te1pkcmvpno48_at_corp.supernews.com...
> "Tom Deseamus" <elrice2_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > All my forms to date have used one data block. I want to create a form
 with
> > two data blocks, the first for searching, and the second below for the
> > results of the search. Can anyone help with this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom Deseamus
>
> Sounds like you want the top block to be a non-database block and the user
> enters query filter criteria, right? Then in the bottom block in the
 PRE-QUERY
> trigger, dynamically add on the filter criteria to the block's
 DEFAULT_WHERE